an opening, the continuing saga in retrofit
From: Sanda Everette (severettesmcoe.k12.ca.us)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:02:10 -0600 (MDT)
We have been waiting to hear from the owner of the second building as to
when we can proceed with the purchase of his building.  He last told us
in February or March that it would be in June.  (Of course it was
previously January 2000, June 1999, sometime in 1998.) He also said that
if there were any apartments available in the meantime, he would let us
know first so that we could rent to folks interested in the community.
We haven't heard from him since that time.  Friday, we started hearing
rumors that one of the apartments was going to be available.  We put in
a call to him but only got his answering machine with no response yet.
Our most positive thought was that he had not told the property manager
about our arrangement.  Sunday we spoke to the man in the downstairs two
bedroom and found out that he is indeed moving out on June 10th or
sooner.  He said that he had heard that the property manager had an
offer to rent the apartment for $1600/month.  I will try to reach the
owner again today as well as the property management company.  If you
are interested in our community and available on such short notice,
please contact us immediately and arrange for a time to come for a
visit.

Meanwhile we are in process with the architect to submit a drawing to
city of San Mateo for us to change our roof line to allow for solar
retrofit.  We are still investigating photovolteic possibilities.

Sanda and Brian Everette
San Mateo Cooperative Community
http://www.wordrunner.com/sanda/smcc.htm
Toward a sustainable lifestyle:
grow some of your own food and/or know the gardener who is growing it.