recipes on the web
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:39:30 -0600 (MDT)
After stumbling around on the web with several different search engines
trying to find how many onions and how many cans of tomatos I needed to
make spaghetti for 20 people, and searches for "serves 20" produced mostly
such text as "serves the Pacific Northwest with 20 locations," I struck
gold at

http://dir.lycos.com/Home/Recipes/Quantity_Cooking/

a page of links to websites "hand-picked by volunteer editors," containing
recipes serving 20 or 50 or 100 -- food service recipes, school lunch
recipes, pig roasts, 5-gallon batches of soup ....

Lycos also offers

http://dir.lycos.com/Home/Recipes/Vegetarian/

Other search engines that use the editorial strategy may also have similar
presorted link-pages.

Kay
Wasatch Commons