Cohousing and Academia
From: sherri rosenthal (enocommonscompuserve.com)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:28:08 -0600 (MDT)
I agree that pockets of people in architectural academic circles know about
cohousing. I gave a talk about six weeks ago to a class of architecture
students at the invitation of the professor. Our efforts at outreach to
academia could be much more effective with a little coordination.

Anyone out there who would like to work through TCN to create a more
coherent effort to raise the profile of cohousing within academia would be
very welcomed by the Board, I believe.

TCN Board members have our hands full right now with organizational
issues--we're such a young organization, with little money, and creating
development/fundraising structures are a priority for us now. But we would
welcome working with a non-Board member to create an academia outreach
project of some sort.

Please contact me if you would like to extend TCN's reach by yourself
coordinating such academic outreach. As Vice President of the Board, I'll
be happy  to work with you. 919-384-9688.

Best,
Sherri Zann Rosenthal
Eno Commons Cohousing
Durham, NC
Where we have just celebrated the opening of the Commons House and the end
of my role as developer, and I feel like I am both reclaiming my own life,
and beginning a whole new era. Can I remember what I used to know about
gardening, music, and sleep?