Re: Elections
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsgnewview.org)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:10:52 -0600 (MDT)
Mac was asking about board elections in the context of a consensus-oriented
coho group.

What we do at New View (Acton MA) is that everyone who is interested in any
body that needs the approval of the group for participation lets some small
sort of 'nominating committee' know. So far, the job of this sort of
committee has been about encouraging people to serve. We've never had a
surplus. Then, this slate is presented to the group and elected by unanimous
acclaim. Do you realy have too many people to do planning & organization? If
you do, I think that's probably a delightfully solvable problem. Get these
wonderful people together to work out a solution. Perhaps change the
organization to allow more people to effectively help out? Perhaps take
turns?

-Jim