Re: Non Participating Households
From: lilbert (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:26:20 -0600 (MDT)
We got tired of certain households not doing their share, and finally came
up with a plan. Those who don't put do their agreed-upon tasks get charged
for it. We figured that there was a financial loss for us when we had to pay
to get things done because not everybody was participating. I find that very
reasonable. It is a self-managed condo, and there is a cost to
non-participation. But the policy was very unpopular with a vocal minority,
and it was dropped.

But we have not had a case where a family formally stopped participating and
didn't leave. I think you are well within your rights to charge them more
money. Maybe it will cause bad feelings, but what the hey-they agreed to be
a part of the community, and they are reneging on the deal. I'd be plenty
mad if they didn't leave. I say, make them want to.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing