Re: slogan purpose?
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:52:01 -0700 (MST)
Well, I was just putting MY two cents in, too. Before everyone decided, sans
consensus, to make the t-shirt slogan boring, we were encouraged to come up
with something interesting. We weren't told the purpose of the t-shirt on
any broad scale.

Next thing, you'll be banning beer from the common house! (wink to Lynn
Nadeau)

FYI, Lynn, we have had no problems with alcohol from guests. I don't know
about anywhere else, but it's a pretty tame scene here. We occasionally have
beer with dinner, or a byob party, but most people around these parts drink
soda when they're feeling frisky. The office Christmas parties we've had did
not offer alcohol, as far as I know. If anyone has left here drunk, I missed
it.

I think that it would be a shame to ban responsible drinking in the CH jut
because of liability concerns that will probably never materialize. From
what I've seen, especially with groups that finish the Common House well
after move-in, the problem is in getting people to use the CH at all. Hope
this helps.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing