vacation exchange?
From: Casey Morrigan (cjmorrpacbell.net)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:08:01 -0700 (MST)
Dear members of Coho-L:

My husband and I live in Two Acre Wood in Sebastopol, California, and we
would like to consider a vacation exchange with another cohouser. We know we
would like to bicycle in the San Juan Islands, and would therefore be very
interested in an exchange with someone in the greater Puget Sound area,
particularly  Bainbridge Island cohousing.

The vacation time we have is May 17 through 27, approximately, and we are
looking for an exchange during that time. I realize this is relatively short
notice, but I am hopeful we might connect with someone.  I was surfing the
net looking at vacation rentals and was despairing of finding something that
seemed close to what we wanted, so I thought I'd ask in coho-L about an
exchange.

Our "co-house" is a three-bedroom three bathroom unit, townhouse style with
two floors.  Two Acre Wood is built on (yes) two acres near downtown
Sebastopol, with 14 households on site and two member households nearby.
Our house is the end unit on a triplex.  (All Two Acre Wood houses are
duplex and triplex.)  Our house doesn't currently have pets or children
living in it, but we do have a small yard that is fenced all around - 3.5
feet high on the low sides and 5 feet on the high side. We are open to the
idea of a dog and just about any combination of cohousing-friendly humans.
I'd have to say we are not open to smoking of any kind in our house.

Sebastopol is a Northern California town of around 8,000 people.  We are
about 12 miles northwest of Santa Rosa, a good hour and 20 minutes north of
San Francisco, and located in the rural, agricultural western part of Sonoma
County.  It tends to be warm in the spring and summer here.  The closest
beach is about 20 minutes away, with beaches north of that for many many
miles.  Hiking and biking in Sonoma County parks is about 15 minutes away,
and some truly amazing Marin county hiking, like Mount Tamalpais and Pt.
Reyes, from 45-50 minutes. There is lots of road biking to be had, and
access to culture in the form of music, dance, and performance art.   Not to
mention, cool neighbors at Two Acre Wood with many good cooks. There, I
think I described it fairly while trying to market it!

My husband and I are in our 40's. It is just the two of us traveling. We are
interested in staying in a place as a home base as we explore the area, but
are open to participating in our "guest" cohousing and meeting fellow
cohousers.  We will leave a house in the same condition in which we found it
and will respect your belongings, house rules, and cohousing community.

Please contact me directly at cjmorr [at] pacbell.net if you have any ideas for
me, or call if you wish at 707-829-8905. Thanks.

Casey Morrigan
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, CA