Re: Pleasant Hill Cohousing - A Mystery
From: Adelaide Nye (anima77pacbell.net)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:10:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Sharon:

You ARE funny..... Got a kick out of this one. But, then, I'm a technology marketer and have been amazed for years at folks here who post the name of their community and give us no idea of where they are located.

Communication is so much about seeing it through the other person's eyes. It is surely a talent, or at least a skill. For coho orgs, it is a much needed skill.

Adelaide

p.s. I'm headed with interest to see Pleasant HIll, now that I know where it is. Wouldn't want them to feel offended by my joining you in a chuckle, OK?

At 10:20 AM 4/13/01 -0400, you wrote:
Decipher email in early morning hours.

> Pleasant Hill Cohousing
>
> Want to move to a new home THIS SUMMER?

Where?

> to respect our natural environment

Probably not in a city. City people would emphasis conservation of
resources.

> Our community of 32 homes

"Homes." Probably the more rural suburbs. Other wise they would say "units."

> Units range in size
> from 1 - 4 bedrooms, and in price from $186,500 to $420,500.

But here they do say units and the prices are higher than rural. Expensive
suburbs. Boston? New York? Virginia? Austin?

> Our 2.2 acre site is located in Pleasant Hill (pop. 31,000) near Highway 680
> and Pleasant Hill BART

Highway 680 could be anywhere in one of the states--probably are 50 of them.
But finally a clue "BART". Where have you heard that one before? Is that
Boston? Why don't you pay more attention to these acronyms? There are only 4
million of them beginning with "B". Wake up and think! You have so many
friends just on the edge of choosing cohousing. Which one lives near a BART?

> direct commute to San Francisco (40-minute BART
> ride).

Must be California! Unless BART is a helicopter shuttle. Could still be
Oregon? Prices would probably be lower then. An island off the coast? BART
is a ferry run? Dig out the map and check for possible commuter lines to SF.
Still inconclusive.

> (925) 256-1085

Get the telephone book.

Yes! Its California! Super Sleuth has solved the case!

Its a big world out there folks! My hourly rates are very reasonable.
Special rates for ferreting out cohousing locations. I'm building a file.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org