RE: Cohousing-L digest, Vol 1 #187 - 5 msgs
From: Diane or Douglas (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:04:01 -0600 (MDT)
1)  We have two food buyers that do all of the purchasing, pickup and shelf
stocking. They buy from multiple places but two of the souces are wholesale
outlets.
2)  The buyers stock the food once it arrives but all members who cook take
part in managing it as well as our food committee. It is everyone's
repsonbility to write down when an item is out or low on a sheet posted in
the pantry. The food committee reviews the overall operation of the program
every so often. In addition it is each Lead cook's reponsibility to write
down a list of ingredients they need at least 1 week prior to the meal they
are preparing. Then the buyers can plan for their shopping.
3)  We charge each adult member $80 per month and each child $5 per month
per year of age.  This money purchases all our community food used for
community meals as well as all food for our household pantry which members
are free to take from for their individual homes. We have 26 adults and 12
children in the community.
4)  No extra charges for our pantry. See question 3 above.

Doug Larson,
Songaia cohousing
Bothell, Washington