composting toilets
From: Gary Kent (garykentuniserve.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:49:04 -0700 (MST)
Roberts Creek Cohousing is in the design phase and the subject of composting
toilets has come up. We are a rural coho community and are considering
composting toilets as a credible alternative to septic etc. There is no law
against installing composting toilets however we must hook up to a
conventional system as well.

Are there any communities, other than Island Cohousing, who have installed
composting toilets? We would like to hear about permit struggles, if any,
how you feel about this alternative and so forth.

Gary Kent
Roberts Creek Cohousing
Roberts Creek, BC
May Peace Prevail On Earth