Re: fair share of chores
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:54:00 -0700 (MST)
> Our community would like to know how other communities deal with situations
> where members cannot do their share of the cooking and other chores because
> of age-related limitations.

We have an 82 (?) who has discovered sweeping the walks and it is wonderful.
We always have clean walks. He also helps in the kitchen after meals,
filling trays for the dishwasher.

I don't think you should assume that "age related" is the issue. It just
means adjusting ALL chores to the abilities of the residents -- children
included.

But 14 is a small number. It would be harder than for our larger community.
Build more units?

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org