Re: Solar Electricity
From: Tree Bressen (treecs.columbia.edu)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:59:01 -0700 (MST)
Hello Norm & folks,

>Does anybody know of a cohousing community that is served by 100%
net-metered solar- generated electricy?

I've been lurking on this list for a few months keeping an eye out for process
issues.  Now i find myself writing back to a tech question instead!  While i
don't know if they totally qualify for what you said, Stelle community in
Illinois has put in an extensive solar system.  They are an established
intentional community that pre-dates the cohousing movement.  I believe that
even their phone system is solar-powered.  I am traveling right now and don't
have access to my files with contact info, but i expect you can find them in
the Communities Directory if you want to ask them about it.

Cheers,

--Tree Bressen