Re: Washer/Dryer in Common House/Units
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:53:11 -0700 (MST)
>> I'd like to hear how those of you doing laundry in the common house feel
>> about it.

> We have 26 units, of whom maybe half(?) have their own machines.  The
> laundry has two front-load washers and two gas dryers.  That would be
> enough, if so many residents didn't have similar work schedules.  As it is
> we have laundry rush hours nights and weekends -- one more reason for this
> particular procrastinator to put the laundry off!
>
> Kay
> Wasatch Commons
> Salt Lake City, Utah

We have three washers and dryers, for 25 units, and I'd say roughly the same
proportion of people who own their own. We have only the occasional backlog
of laundry. But if we were all in one building, I bet we'd use the machines
more. We'd also need more dryers if we didn't have so much sunshine most of
the year.

I hate the schlepping, but I like running into people in the CH. I used to
have a machine at home when my daughter was a baby, and I did miss the added
socializing.

Our laundry room is conveniently located off the main entrance to the CH,
and on the ground floor. There is a window to the laundry roonm right by the
mailboxes, so people can see who is around when doing the laundry or getting
the mail.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing