RE: Co housing for the working class -- Aisha
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:48:06 -0700 (MST)
What my comment meant was, in a typical cohousing development group, those
that want the subsidies  will be the people doing the work to find them.
Other folks are more likely to be putting their talents and energies into
other aspects of the development process. What I have seen is people come
into cohousing, needing financial resources, and expect others to go out and
find the resources. Typically, nobody else has time or energy to do this,
and it does not happen, and those people that need the resources leave the
group dissapointed.

Also, lots and lots of forming cohousing groups SAY they want to, or are
going to support low income. Only a few actually seem to pull it off. It
takes real time and work to pull together the resources to make support
happen, and many groups don't have anybody that really takes this on, thus
it does not happen in the end.

Rob Sandelin