mission statement question
From: Gyre& Gimble (Gimbleinthewabehotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:14:01 -0700 (MST)
We are a very new group forming in Los Angeles. Our second meeting is in a
couple of weeks and we want to take the oft-given advice to create a mission
statement early on by looking at some existing ones. I did a search in the
[C-L] archives and found some good ones but I have a question about where a
mission statement ends and a list of specific goals starts. For example: is
it the place to describe the hoped for site (lots of trees, near mass
transit...) or the types of common facilities desired (guest room,
playground, gym...)?
Since the statement will be used in part to filter out people that are not
on the same page, and recruit those that are, shouldn't it be specific about
the non-negotiable elements? Or does that make for trouble down the road?

Jennifer Murphy