Re: Searching/work/coordinating council
From: Cheryl A. Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:27:01 -0700 (MST)
Regarding the following,

> o examples of organising agreements,
> o decision making process policies

This webpage is extremely good. Thank you, Earthsong.

<http://www.cohousing.pl.net/infobook/groupprocess.html>

> o posters, brochures, handbooks etc.

Rob Sandelin's site on consensus is good, especially in providing a full
explanation of consensus and good facilitation practice.

http://www.ic.org/nica/Book/Cover.htm

> Really it would be good if there was a sort of shareware/freeware system
> for this sort of knowledge. Then if we adopt a policy document from
> someone elses we could credit you back in some way.

Agreed. I also want to say that I think the search engine done by Peter
Scott is excellent. But it relies on subject line, and that is so variable.

> A community handbook/toolkit would be really useful.

It's possible I would be interested in such a thing. I write as an
avocation, and love it. I'm more passionate about creative nonfiction,
poetry, personal essay, etc. But I'm also very good at this kind of
convergent process. It just makes the left hemisphere of my brain swell up
to sometimes uncomfortable proportions!

Hmmm. Any words of encouragement from the virtual community???

> work? Are you trying to do stuff that could be postponed, or bought in?
> if 'spontaneous' fun stuff is not happening do you need to have more
> 'organised' fun stuff?

Yes, in my opinion, on both counts. We're working on it. In fact, I'm
chomping at the bit wanting to work on it. Not all of us are there yet.

Cheryl