Newbies-was "boderline off topic"
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:00:05 -0700 (MST)
This is primarily a working list for people who are actively building
cohousing. The people on this list are hard-working, intelligent people who
care about others. I find it a little disingenuous for someone to start
posting criticism of those who have given a lot of their time to help others
achieve their dream of living in cohousing.

Your point is taken that perhaps we expect people to be ready to rock and
roll as soon as they post to the list. I have found that the newcomer who
lurks for awhile and searches the archives to answer some questions, usually
comes to the list ready for dialogue on their questions. Sometimes it can be
difficult to have someone challenge you right away, when you're feeling a
little timid already. But it is almost always constructive.

Perhaps you could think of us as a kind of soup kitchen for community
builders. You walk in the door, you're handed a spoon, and told to get to
work. Maybe it's a little off-putting, but we mean well and get important
things done.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing