No HTML postings please
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 05:34:07 -0700 (MST)
I just got done reformatting and posting 7 messages to Cohousing-L that
included HTML. These messages were "rejected" ( not posted automatically)
because they included HTML (instead I was notified).  Converting them to
text and including the preamble takes me a few minutes each (2-3 ?).
It's not a big deal but I'd prefer people learn how to post text.

   PLEASE do not post HTML, see
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

That URL is to an Oct 2001 message when I started rejecting / reformatting
messages. That message explains the problem in more detail and
specifically addresses how to post text with Microsoft Outlook Express.
That message needs to be updated but will have to do for now. Problems
with HTML dont seem to have changed much so I will continue my system of
handling them for now. Since Oct 7, 2001 I have handled 61 such messages -
about 10 per month. A new major version of Mailman (our listserv software)
is due soon.  Maybe that will allow an alternative handling HTML.

Please don't reply to this message on cohousing-L which is
for the discussion of cohousing :)  Sorry for the off topic message -
list manager's perogative...

Fred , cohousing-L list manager

--
1/29/02 The "Crooked" E: How true it is!  (Enron T - shirt)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm