Re: Common House Dishwasher
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:02:01 -0600 (MDT)
Don Westlight <westligh [at] ohsu.edu>
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

Hello all,

At Cascadia Commons we've purchased a Jackson commercial dishwasher.  It
uses round trays about 18" in diameter.  These are smaller than the
traditional square trays, meaning that most normal people can lift them
even when loaded.  A load takes about two minutes, so running a few extra
is no big deal.  We also had a custom stainless steel sink/counter built
to expedite loading and unloading of the trays.  This was well worth the
money as cleanup is quick so people freely volunteer.

Having worked in a number of commercial kitchens in my youth, the Jackson
is suited for smaller installations like ours.

-Don Westlight