Re: Cohousing vs Communes / Affordable / Seattle?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:42:00 -0600 (MDT)
on 10/15/2002 4:18 AM, Kay Argyle at argyle [at] mines.utah.edu wrote:

> My impression (strictly my impression) is that communes tend to be
> ideologically driven, and one of the ideologies frequently involves
> income-sharing.  Cohousing isn't, and doesn't.

After all our long winded discussions I think this says it very well. I
would also add that cohousing communities have clear legal ownership
documents. Communes were often alegal -- not illegal but "outside" the legal
structure. Avoiding it as much as possible.

Sharon
"Trust is built on accountability and transparency."
--
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC