Re: holiday celebrations
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:37:01 -0700 (MST)
On 12/6/02 10:09 AM, "Michael Arnott" <mikearnott [at] juno.com> wrote:

> We would like to find out from other co-ho's how you handle the issue of
> holidays celebrations and decorations in common areas.  Holiday
> celebrations like a seder that are time specific in which one can choose
> to participate or not participate, and decorations like lights on a tree
> in the Common House during December, that are always present.

At Pathways, there are no community sponsored "holiday" events and there are
no standing religious icons, including christmas trees, allowed in the common
house or on community grounds.  Many folks (including myself) want a break
from the relentless blare and glare of the christmas season in America.

On the other hand, we are all free to do what we want in our own homes and
anyone can use the common house for a specific holiday activity.  We have had
gingerbread making afternoons, easter egg hunts and Passover seders; this
year we had a Hanukah celebration.

-Roger
  Pathways Cohousing
  Northampton, MA