Re: Don't discuss this in committees
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:05:05 -0700 (MST)
On 12/10/2002 2:01 PM, "Kay Argyle" <argyle [at] mines.utah.edu> wrote:

>  If anything, people seemed
> inclined to suppress me, because my indignation made them uncomfortable.
> That made me even less cooperative.

As you might imagine, stuff like this drives me crazy. As the person who
speaks up more often than others I raise a lot of hackles.

> Having been dragged out in the open, and people realizing what they
> themselves were contributing, the situation is much less tense, as people
> mend fences (if you can use that term of a community that makes lack of
> fences a point of pride).  I don't see that it would have changed without
> being brought into the open.

This is why I speak up. Things have to be discussed out in the open. The
rumors are far more destructive than the realities. You can change
realities, you can't change "confidential" rumors.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org