Re: UU's in cohousing
From: aamato (aamatoworldbank.org)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:56:00 -0700 (MST)

We have two UU households at Takoma Village (43 households) that I know of, and
one is not particularly active lately.  We are far better represented by
Buddhists and Quakers.  This would be followed by Protestants, then practicing
Jews, and the UUs would come in next.  I am the lone person who still claims
some adherence to the Catholic church.  However, trumping all of these I would
say is the number in our community who would not claim any affiliation to a
religion (most of whom are former Catholics!)  or regular spiritual practice
(from what I can tell, anyway.)  We gave presentations at UU churches when we
were forming but didn't get any members from there.  (The two UU households we
have came through other sources.)  So I guess the experience and correlation
varies.
Anna Amato
Takoma Village
Washington, DC

                      Meg Palley

                      <megp [at] lawpal.com>            To:      Cohousing-L
[at] Cohousing.Org
                      Sent by:                     cc:

                      cohousing-l-admin@co         Subject: Re: [C-L]_UU's in
cohousing
                      housing.org

                      01/07/2003 10:01 PM

                      Please respond to

                      cohousing-l

I'm the Quaker in Nevada City's co-housing, referred to as having lived in this
communitiy 28 years  Meg

juliehh wrote:

> I agree Joanie - Fred's estimate is too low.  From the replies/stats I got I
came up with roughly 15.6% of cohousers being UU's.  And that's without
Manzanita's 40%.  ALso I agree about Quakers being well represented (hi Robert :
-))

> Thanks to everyone who replied to my query - since no one in my church has
heard of cohousing I feel I need to show that there is a link between the two.