Re: Cohousing in Frederick, MD or greater Washington DC area.
From: aamato (aamatoworldbank.org)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:37:01 -0600 (MDT)

There are 7 cohousing communities within an hour and a half of Washington (in
order of distance from DC):
1. Takoma Village, in DC. Completed 2001 (proud home of listserve regulars Ann
Zabaldo, Sharon Villines and myself --although I am not so regular!)
2.  Eastern Village in Silver Spring, MD. Being built.
3. Blueberry Hill in Fairfax Country, VA. Completed 2001
4. Chesapeake Cohousing in Annapolis, MD. Looking for land (I think.)
5. Liberty Village (mentioned by Ann)  near Frederick, MD which has many
completed homes but still has some for sale.
6. Ecovillage of Loudon Country (VA) which also has many completed homes but
still has some for sale (I think).
7. Proximity Cohousing in Loudon County, VA.  Owns site.

In addition, there are two more that should be mentioned:
Right over the Pennsylvania border is Hundredfold Farm in Gettysburg, less than
2 hours away, and they own the site, but am not sure they have started building.
Also, Forest Glen Cohousing in Silver Spring, MD is on hold, but might be
reactivated sometime in the next few years, if the local government gets
property issues resolved and agrees to approve the location for cohousing.

The Mid-Atlantic Region has an active chapter which includes all the above
communities.  You can e-mail Ann or Martie for more information on the chapter.
If anyone has better information on  these communities, please chime in.  This
may be more than you asked for Megan, but I thought it would be good for the
rest of the country to know what is going on in Washington DC (in addition to
war-mongering...)
Anna Amato
Takoma Village

Email Martie Weatherly at Liberty Village in Libertytown MD -- just outside
Frederick MD.  She is cc'd above.  Ann z