Re: rental policy
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:43:09 -0600 (MDT)
Here at Monterey Cohousing, Minneapolis MN we have spent years
hammering out our  rental policy. We finally got to (more or less, I
don't have the language):

Condo owners can rent for up to 18 months out of any 24 month period.
After that, the Master Association (governs the condo and the coop)
can, at it's discretion, levy (not sure that was the word) fines on
the condo owners.  This was to balance the potential needs of owners
to leave town quickly for some reason,  potential needs to leave for
more than 18 months to care for relatives, etc, and desire of the
community to have participants living there.  We have had very small
success in finding cohouser renters, except way back at the beginning.

There is other stuff, but that's the guts, I think

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in in 1993, townhomes in 1996