Student Survey Correction
From: Kristin Becker (kbeckerposterfrost.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:20:12 -0700 (MST)
It was suggestion that I modify the question "Is there anyone living in your
community with a disability?" to include "Do you or have you ever had anyone
living in your community with a disability? (please specify if they are no
longer living there and why if you know)"
Also, to clarify, by disability I mean any long term disability - i.e.,
physical/developmental (i.e. mental retardation, autism, etc);

I've included the survey below with the modified question.  Thank you and
sorry for the confusion!
Kristin

I've posted a number of times regarding my thesis project on integrated
cohousing (integrating people with developmental disabilities into cohousing
communities).  In an effort to gather information from a broader group of
people, I am asking all of you to please fill out this survey.  I've
including both below and as an attachment.  whichever format is easier for
you, please use.   Please respond just to me so as not to bog down the
list-serv.  Thank you so much!
Kristin
kbecker [at] posterfrost.com

SURVEY:
Name of Cohousing Community:

Your age/sex/living arrangement (single/couple/family):

 Stage of Community:   Forming           First Year        1-5 years  More
than 5 years

 Years you have lived in this community:  Under 1 yr  1-5 yrs         More
than 5 yrs

What is the size of your community?  (Number of units/adults/children)

Do you or have you ever had anyone living in your community with a
disability? (please specify if they are no longer living there and why if
you know)           Yes   No

If so, what type of disability?  Physical?  Developmental?  Explain.

Do you have any family members with a disability?         Yes         No
Type of Disability?

Age of family member:   Under 10    10-18        18-25        25-35
35-50        Over 50

Is your community fully accessible?        Yes           No
Explain

Is diversity a goal within your community?  Is so, what types of diversity
were discussed in this decision?  How successful was your community in
succeeding?

Would you be willing to entertain the idea of opening up your community to
people with disabilities?  Has your community discussed this possibility? If
so, what were people's reactions?

What are the demographics of your community? (If you are not certain of
number, please estimate).
Children under 6:
Children 7-12:
Teens 13-18:
Adults 19-30:
Adults 31-60:
Adults 61+:
Number of Families:
Number of Couples without Children:
Number of Singles (M/F):
Race/Ethnicity:

What is the range of unit/home sizes (Square Footage)?

What is the range of cost for units?  (If original costs are given, please
state approximate date of development?)