A couple other security stories
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 18:47:16 -0700 (PDT)
I was hosting a dinner party at my house one winter night when I notice a van pull up to a neighbors garage. Knowing they were out of town, I excused myself from my guests, and walked over to the garage, thinking as I got there, that I wished I had asked for someone else to join me, just in case. As I rounded the corner, another neighbor was coming over, having noticed the same thiing. It was a friend of the neighbor who was gone, delivering something.

A car was parked along our entry for a bit with a man who just sat in his car. I approached the car, and the person rolled down the window, and showed me his badge, a cop, writing up a report on what he thought was a quiet side road. It turns out I was about the fifth person to talk to him. He commented that we have the best security system in the world, caring neighbors. I agreed and then intercepted yet another neighbor who was going up to talk with the stranger in the car....