Re: groundblessing
From: PattyMara Gourley (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:22:11 EDT MerylD [at] aol.com writes:
> Hi Patty:
>
> I noticed on your post at cohousing-L that you held a groundblessing
> for your
> workshop. We are holding a groundblessing this weekend for our whole
> site, as
> we are finally nearing groundbreaking. Can you share with me what
> you guys
> did? We are having some trouble coming up with an appropriate
> ceremony.
>
> thanks!!!
> Meryl Davids
> Emerald Place Cohousing
> Delray, Florida

Hi Meryl,
For our workshop we did a light ceremony...called upon the spirits of the
land to bless us, bless our enterprise, fill the shop with creative
energy, keep all the work safe and trouble-free.  We had an "open mike"
for anyone to come up and make a wish for how they imagined using the
workshop.  Then we handed out percussion instruments to the kids and we
walked around the perimeter of the site making lots of joyful noises to
"wake up" the land and dispell any stagnant energy.  These are fung shui
practices used in house clearings.

For our land's GroundBlessing nearly 6 years ago, we had a wonderful
ceremony which I would highly recommend to your group.  We asked each
family, or member, to bring a container of soil from their current home's
garden or yard.  Then we ceremonially dug a hole and one by one each of
the family's or members came to the hole and poured their soil into the
soil of our land.  It was symbolic of us bringing and mingling our lives
with the soil of the community.  We have some tender pictures of young
families pouring dirt into the hole.

Making a wish, or setting an intention for the community creates a
powerful energetic current..
Let everyone who wishes to speak, or make a wish, do so.  Take your time.

Music or drumming or even just banging pots and pans with spoons makes a
joyful noise and gets the chi moving.
Remember to ask for safety for all the workers during construction.
Ask permission to work co-creatively with the spirits of the land.
Remember the critters and peoples who lived there before you decided to
build your community there.  Honor them.
Share food, make toasts, make merrie, invite all your professionals,
bankers, suits.
Remember that the ground is blessing you.  Open yourselves to the gifts
of the land.

hope this helps,  blessings on you and your community.
Patty Mara

www.gourleydesign.com

42

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

  • Re: Groundblessing PattyMara, March 21 1998
    • Re: groundblessing PattyMara Gourley, May 19 2004