Whatever happened to...?
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:06:36 -0700 (PDT)
As many of you old-timers know, I've dropped off this list from time to time
in order to recharge my batteries or attend to business at home. I feel
compelled to read every email I get from the list, and I just don't have the
time and focus necessary.

I have come to another point in my life when I need to pull back. I will be
unsubscribing for the time being, and I don't want to just disappear. There
are so many people on this list whom I consider to be personal friends, even
though we rarely, if ever, see each other. And I'm sure I'll feel that tug
again sometime and come back.

Sometimes, I feel that I'm the only person who is willing to say the thing
that needs saying. I have taken the position many times that I'm willing to
be the lightening rod if it does the community at large a greater good. This
is the reason that I have kept coming back to this list, a feeling that if I
don't say that small percentage of things that no-one else does, it will go
unsaid. This is a plea for someone else to step up to the plate every time
something comes up that I would normally speak out about. Accessibility,
affordability, and the need for *mandatory* cooking are a few that come to
mind!

Please don't clog up the list with replies-write to me personally.

I have a few unfinished things I want to post before I leave. Our work
system, for one. It seems to work better than some others' who have been
struggling. I hope to get an electronic copy so I can just post it without
having to dig up all the details on my own.

Finally, you may just be doing cohousing because you think it's the best
thing for you or your family. Don't forget, deciding to live in community is
contributing to the the greater overall health and spiritual growth of the
world. What you're doing is important.

All my love,
Liz
--