Re: Refrigerators and Freezers
From: aamato (aamatoworldbank.org)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:57:32 -0700 (PDT)

I would answer this question with another.  How and how often are you planning
meals?  We have a large residential refrigerator with freezer and we cook about
2 meals a week and keep a minimum of staples.  Each cook team buys everything
they need for each meal and are expected to clean out the refrigerator when they
are done.  So we don't need a lot of refrigerator or freezer space.   We are 43
units and about 65 adults.
Anna Amato
Takoma Village
Washington, DC

                      "Norm Gauss" <normangauss11 [at] comcast.net>

                      Sent by:                                           To:
   "developing cohousing - collaborative housing
                      cohousing-l-bounces+aamato=worldbank.org@co
communities" <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
                      housing.org                                        cc:

Subject:  Re: [C-L]_ Refrigerators and Freezers

                      06/30/2004 02:11 PM

                      Please respond to Developing cohousing -

                      collaborative housing communities

If there is a plan to store large quantities of food in the freezer (buying
meat and fish in bulk, or preserving summer fruits and vegetables), then a
separate freezer is more efficient.

Norm Gauss
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, CA