Re: Communicating a clear vision vs. screening
From: Terri Huggett (terrihugmsn.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:31:19 -0800 (PST)
Norm,

I am no expert on this topic as our group is just forming.  We are however
in the visioning phase, so we are currently steeped in the process and its
purpose.

I believe Kevin is trying to emphasize the need for clear visions/goals that
are prioritized so the community understands its values and can evaluate
proposals and make decisions based on them.  This also would apply to
bringing in new community members.  Instead of screening the potential new
members per se, the emphasis might be on clearly communicating your vision
and priorities so the potential new members would understand if they are
interested in that kind of community or not.  Legally, screening is a very
dicey issue.  I believe the idea is to give the potential new members enough
clear information so they can self-screen and have that also meet your
community needs.

Terri