Cohousing Magazine new issue online - outreach, classifieds, more
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:28:41 -0800 (PST)
Cohousing Magazine text-only preview
March 25, 2005
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/

Visit the <a href="http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/";>website</a> for
the full version with links and graphics and ads that help pay for it!
 Subscription information at the bottom of this message.

In this issue:

WELCOME: *NEW*
Don't forget the fun factor!
By Rick Mockler
President, Coho/US

At Muir Commons in Davis, Calif., we recently completed a series of
ecret Valentine exchanges, an annual tradition of ours. Throughout the
second week of February, you'll find cohousers aged toddler through
grandparent sneaking in the dark, knocking loudly and racing away
before the residents can catch them. During a typically dreary time,
neighbors are surprised by fresh bagels in the morning, dark chocolate
or beer in the evening, jokes, rhymes or other gifts.

Plus:
Getting Local: Regional Connections

Read more:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/welcome_funfactor.html

MARKETING COHOUSING: *NEW*
Outreach: it's everyone's job
by Nick Meima
The Cohousing Development Company

 Mention the word "marketing" or "sales" and many people in cohousing
raise an eyebrow.

It should be obvious that if you want to sell units, then you must
market your community. Yet I'm constantly amazed that most members of
cohousing communities in development sidestep marketing to focus on
other issues such as policies and procedures, budgets and color
selection. While these other priorities are important too, everyone
will suffer the consequences if you don't complete the "sell out"
of your project.

Read more:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/marketing/outreach.html

CREATING COHOUSING: (February)
Retrofit cohousing: A different kind of "fixer-upper"
By Karen Hester, Temescal Creek Cohousing

Read:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/creating/

LIVING IN COHOUSING: (December, 2004)
A day in the life of a single-family house
 By Chuck Durrett, The CoHousing Company

Read:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/living/

GROUP PROCESS: (November, 2004)
Communication, process and dealing with conflict: the heart of
a healthy community
by Diana Christian

Read:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/process/

LETTERS: *NEW*
2004 milestones in communities

Read:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/letters.html

CLASSIFIED ADS:
Current openings in cohousing

Details:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/classified.html

NEWS:

Cohousing in the news

Coho/US events and programs
2005 bus tours:
- Next MA tour: April 9. WAITLISTED!
- First CO tour: April 16. Registration now open!
- Spring DC tour: May 22 NEW! Mid-Atlantic Cohousing
- SF Bay Area: July 23

Community Partners program
Regional Alliances

Cohousing community events calendar

Read all of the above at:
http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/news.html

Help us build the cohousing movement:
Please contribute today:

http://www.cohousing.org/about/support.html
---

SUBSCRIPTION INFO

To get on the list:
If you haven't seen the real magazine in your e-mailbox yet, you're
not subscribed.
Please use our web form to subscribe or leave the list, or to share
with a friend (forward) with all the links and graphics and
a personalized message.

http://www.cohousing.org/magazine/

 END of Cohousing Magazine March, 2005 text-only preview.
Copyright (c) 2005, Coho/US. Please share with people
interested in Cohousing.