Re: kitchen design
From: ken (gebserspeakeasy.net)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:08:20 -0800 (PST)
My grandmother had a pantry when I was a kid and it seemed really handy.
 She was always cooking up huge meals for people-- thirty or fourty or
more-- so so needed lots of "refrigerated" space.  Personally, I'd
prefer it to be located on the exterior rather than interior of the
house and on the north side.  All this in order to keep it cooler.  In
fact, the entire pantry will serve as insulation in the winter time, a
buffer between the cold outside and the warm inside of the house.

Also, I wouldn't forgo having a window in the pantry just because I
wouldn't want to use-- indeed, depend on-- electricity just to go into
the pantry to get a handful of potatoes.