New Cohousing Project in Boston ??
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:36:44 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

Another, very nice site has been identified that might be just right for cohousing in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston. It would be a new building(s), designed from scratch. The owner is interested in selling to a cohousing group, if and when one exists and he tells me he is willing to consider terms.

Transit Oriented: The site is located within a few hundred feet of the Stoney Brook T station, on the Orange Line, near the corner of Boylston and Amory Streets - the address is approximately 181 Amory Street.

http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_subway_orangeline.asp

or maps.google.com
Boylston St & Amory St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

On the T it only takes minutes to get to downtown Boston.
Shall we call it  Stoney Brook Cohousing  for now?

There is a day care center next door on one side (Copper Beech Day Care), and a church on the other side. An old empty brick building stands on a portion of the site.

Anyone who might have an interest please let me know off line and we will compile an interest list, and organize an initial meeting. Maybe JP Cohousing might provide a place to meet for awhile.

Please pass this on to others who might have an interest.

Chris ScottHanson
(617) 894-7661
chris [at] cohousingresources.com