Re: Shadowlake Village Resident research project
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:05:31 -0800 (PST)
Marty -- I'd like to know a little more about you -- do you live in
cohousing?  Perhaps I missed you introducing yourself to the list.  What is
a physician-executive?

BTW -- I applaud CohoUS for trying to help w/ the research students and
others are doing on cohousing.  This list alone gets many requests for
people to answers surveys...the results of which we never, or almost never,
see.  (Has anyone seen the results of any of the surveys we've been asked to
fill out over the years?  I can't remember any results being posted here but
I could have missed them.)  The research parameters are often poorly thought
out, poorly executed and goodness knows how the data are interpreted.  Also
many of the studies appear to be redundant.  One wonders what these
student's professors/teachers are teaching.   Consequently...I don't answer
surveys anymore.

I know Betsy Morris both personally and professionally.  CohoUS and
cohousing are fortunate to have someone of her caliber volunteer her
services.  I feel confident we'll see some improvement in the topics of the
surveys being conducted and we might even learn the results of the studies.

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC -- America's Home Town!