Re: how many people for common meal...just starting
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:25:17 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 02:42:37PM -0400, Sharon Villines wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2006, at 1:43 PM, R.P. Aditya wrote:
>
> > The cooks "close" the meal just before
> > they go shopping (typically the night before or a few hours before
> > meal prep)
> > and print out the list of signups so they can purchase appropriate
> > amounts.
>
> Is this on a website? What program do you use?

yes, they can close the meal in the web application such that no one can
signup once they have done that.

it is a web application that was custom written for this and handling the
billing etc. -- it sends meal shift reminders, produces a printable calendar,
generates monthly statements and emails them and can accept and record
payments via PayPal though we don't like paying the PayPal fees so we don't
use it :-)

Adi