Re: Right of First Refusal
From: tamgoddess (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
I wonder if the whole "right of first refusal" is at all necessary. Perhaps in
markets where there isn't much competition for cohousing homes? And yet, that
would seem to make it even more difficult to sell. We've been in existence for
13 years, and we've never had such a clause, nor have we ever needed it. We
have a requirement, not in our CC&Rs, that sellers get a prospective buyer
aquainted with the community before they agree to sell. We have no legal
recourse if they don't, but we figure if they've been living here, we trust
them. So far, so good.

Sometimes, when you give up trying to control everything, it all gets a lot
easier.

(BTW, hello to all the old-timers out there.)

Liz