Re: Rubber Mulch [was Pea gravel "pit" around playstructure]
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 06:58:52 -0700 (PDT)
Jessie Handforth Kome of Eastern Village Cohousing said "Eno Commons also has
it now.  One of the residents there told me he  wished they had spent a little
more for a lighter color than black, so the parts in full NC sun wouldn't get
so hot."

Hi Jessie!

Another consideration for rubber mulch is perhaps the shape.  The type we have
graviates to the bottom of shoes.  Many of our houses have little cups of those
pieces of rubber mulch we intercepted before the shoes enter our homes.
Perhaps rubber mulch of a different shape would minimize this.  Otherwise we
are quite happy with rubber mulch.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC
 where the kids tell my giant inflatable lawn spider  "Wake Up, Spider"
 and "Go Asleep, Spider".  They are all looking forward to EnoWeen.