Re: Relative wealth
From: patjavcc (patjavccaol.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
 We had a strict 'no customizations' policy when building JP Cohousing.  Once
you get into customizations, the cost of the entire project (including the less
fancy units) goes up substantially.

What we ended up doing was spending extra resources in the commonhouse - high
end appliances, flooring, counters, etc.  This is of course for the enjoyment
of everyone.  The individual unit finishes were all a medium quality which was
nice but allowed for mixed income as well.  Those who could afford to upgrade,
have and will do so.

Patti Lautner
Resident - JPCohousing Boston