Re: meals for kids
From: eileen mccourt (emccourtCHARTER.NET)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
At Oak Creek Commons, meals are free for children up to age 12.  Adult meals
are $4.50.  The community agreed to a price increase in adult meals and free
meals for kids so that families with children would not be priced out of the
meal plan.  We were not making ends meet with the quality of food we want
with $3.50 for adults and $1.75 for kids.  The new prices (for about the
last 9 mos) seem to work well for organic produce and mostly naturally meats
and chicken.

Our meetings are much too boring for most kids, but they can come if they
want to.

We have a participation expectation of 8 hrs a month per adult in a
household.  Kids can work to offset the family participation expectation by
family agreement.

Eileen McCourt
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, CA