RoseWind house for sale, Port Townsend WA
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 07:34:17 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, in Port Townsend, Washington, has a fine house for sale. We are a built community of 23 households, with half of our 9 acres in commons, a substantial area in food crops, a well-used common house, and a location convenient to the rest of this liberal town of 8000. Port Townsend is on the NE corner of the Olympic Peninsula, about two and a half hours from Seattle. We are known for arts, music, wooden boats, a moderate climate, and lots of local community events. RoseWind Cohousing started about 17 years ago. The home for sale is a code-legal strawbale construction on three levels. You can find photos and details at our website http://www.rosewind.org --> house for sale --> strawbale house. The asking price is $458,000.
***
Some specifics: The exterior is low-maintenance stucco, with wooden trim. A lower-level unfinished space, for shop and dry storage, is clean and well-lit. Main level has living room, bedroom and bath, as well as a kitchen-dining area with glass doors to a little south patio. Upper level has another bedroom and bath, plus space for office, play, or more bedroom. The lot is right across from the common house, has views of the central commons, convenient parking, and lots of landscape plantings. Thick strawbale walls create cozy window seats and ledges, super insulation and a quiet home which "breathes" for a healthy living environment. The owners are artists, and there are many original special features throughout the home.
***
We are looking for people who want to be active participants in a dynamic co-housing community. If you want further information, please contact me so I can answer your questions about RoseWind and put you in touch with the owners. I can also answer questions relative to living in Port Townsend, my home for almost 20 years now. Please reply to me off list, at my address above.
Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing