Re: shared meals outside of cohousing
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Diane,
   I think the best way to start getting shared
neighborhood meals going is to start with regularly
scheduled potlucks and then expand from there.  When I
was living in student housing while being a single
parent going to nursing school we did a lot of shared
dinning with the other single parents, mostly potluck
style, and I now think we could easily have gone to
the kind of several times a week shared meals that are
common in cohousing if we'd thought of it but at that
time I hadn't yet heard of cohousing or seen this kind
of regular shared meal group in action.  Potlucks are
an easy way to start because everyone knows what they
are and there isn't the resistance to something new to
overcome.  Once you have regular potlucks going for a
while you could propose the new model.
          Good luck,
                 Bonnie Fergusson
                 Swan's Market Cohousing