Re: External Displays
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:45:23 -0800 (PST)
Susan,

Susan Connolly wrote:
Hi All,

I am a member of Eugene Downtown Cohousing and we are busily formulating our policies. Does anyone have a policy on External Displays ? -- anything a community member might put up outside their dwelling.
If so, and if you are willing to share a copy, our committee would appreciate a
copy of your policy.  It would give us a starting point.  A policy from an
urban cohousing community would be especially helpful.

I remember a controversy a year or two ago about a member's new boyfriend who
installed a satellite dish which was prohibited by the community's policies.
Does anyone know how this problem was resolved?
It can be found in the archives. As I recall, a list member pointed out that Federal Law stated that anyone is entitled to Satellite TV, High Speed Internet access, and something else which I forgot, and no one can prohibit a person from getting it. As a result of the law, anyone can put up a satellite dish, no matter what the HOA rules are as Federal Law trumps State and Local Law, and agreements.

They even put a link to the site that explained all of this.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  You can contact me directly,
if you wish, at susanmconnolly [at] yahoo.com.

Susana

Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Project Director
Caer Coburn, a traditional village based upon cohousing  and intentional
communities in
Rockingham, Vermont, USA
http://www.caercoburn.org
Mail to: