Creating restrictive fees for lower participation
From: Villines Sharon (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:42:54 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 11, 2007, at 10:18 AM, alwview [at] aol.com wrote:

As a person with a disability, I've become rather concerned about the feasibility of participating in cohousing.?

We have a variety of disabilities in our community and the people all participate in one way or another, some by paying for the turkey on holidays, but mostly by finding jobs they can do like being the job broker on work days. Or fielding phone calls, scheduling maintenance, waiting for the electrician. There is enough work for everyone.

In fact, I would say that those with disabilities contribute more than several (many?) people in the community.

Another "disability" is that we have people like a high ranking army officer who works odd, long ours. She cleans the toilets in the commonhouse because it can be done at any hour.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC