Cohousing opportunity in Oakland, CA - Triple Point CoHousing
From: Scott Nelson Windels (cohodrenalin.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:11:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

If anyone has interest in the following - please send me a note and we
will find a time for a visit and walk around the neighborhood and see
the homes (maybe the inside if the builders are there). Triple Point Cohousing is a retrofit community started 2 years ago - we are currently 9 adults, 3 dogs and 2 kids. We would love to expand our group either formally or informally, by including more houses which are adjacent to our lots. You can find out more about us at http://www.triplepointcohousing.org/

There are 2 brand new homes being built behind Triple Point CoHousing,
they are currently under construction but at the stage where exteriors
are complete, wiring in and probably starting interior finishing within
the next couple of weeks.  We expect they will be finished no later than
the  Spring.  The homes are 2 stories, 1500 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath,
and modern construction. They are being built by the owner Scott Bannister who used to live in the neighborhood and has worked as a carpenter and electrician for decades. Both have an identical layout. Some green building features used (fly ash in the foundation, houses designed to have solar installed when owners move in, etc).

I was able to tour one of the houses yesterday and the interior lighting
is excellent and a nice spacious feel to the home.

Here are some reasons we think you'd love living next to Triple Point
CoHousing (and possibly even joining TPC) --

* participate in some of our weekly meal sharing
* dog friendly area (emeryville greenway 2 blocks away)
* nearby to public transit (emery-go-round/actransit/BART)
* close to ashby hwy80 ramps
* Civicorps charter school 1.5 blocks away
* new Berkeley Bowl grocery store will be about 6 blocks away (probably completed in 2009)
* new Cooperative Grocery is only 4 blocks away - http://www.thecog.org/
* New area hotspots -- Aquarius Cafe, Cocino Poblano and Charles' Chocolates - all opened within the past year a block away
* tot park on Doyle Street a short stroll
* neighbors included if interested on TPC group projects such as disaster preparedness, gardening, green building/renovation projects, food and drink consumption, party planning and having and enjoying

I will note that we currently have no idea how much the homes will sell
for (and neighbor Scott hasn't figured that out either). However - we would love to make sure that we have friends, family or friends of friends ready to take up this opportunity as it is *imminent*.

love
Scott