Re: Free Ads for Free Stuff
From: Michael Barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:24:43 -0700 (PDT)
As soon as this idea was mooted the transportation difficulty between cohousing communities sprang to mind. As as alternative I have several times made use of Freecycle, www.freecycle.org, a national but local-chaptered organization that enables reusing of anything at no cost or profit. Virtually without exception I have received several responses within minutes of placing an "ad" and someone has subsequently collected the items from my home within 24 to 48 hours. Very convenient. This of course is not particularly benefiting cohousing but does help to keep our footprint on the planet a little bit lighter.

Michael Barrett
Shadowlake Village, Blacksburg, VA - where it is April 1 but the message above is no joke.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joani Blank" <joani [at] swansway.com>