Re: Sympathetic lenders
From: Brian Bartholomew (bbstat.ufl.edu)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:46:25 -0700 (PDT)
> Are you saying that all things we humans value have a monetary
> equivalent or measure?

My understanding of the history of economic study is that the idea
that man makes all decisions in dollar terms was a gross approximation
introduced for a very limited problem space.  It was useful in that
context.  As time went on, it was absurdly misapplied.

None of the economists I read think that "Homo Economous" is an
accurate model of human decisionmaking.  Money can't buy you love.

                                                        Brian