Re: Wikis
From: John Faust (wjfaustgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
Rob,

You indicated previously: "We have been using a free wiki editor called
Jotspot for about a year which has an easy to use interface, just type into
the pages, you add pages by clicking on an add a new page button, etc. I
believe it can be accessed at jotspot.com."

JotSpot was subsequently bought by Google in 2006 and it has reappeared in
February of this year as Google Sites, part of the Google Apps suite. Google
Sites is a very nice structured wiki. The editor looks like most any rich
text editor, and page creation and linking are still as seamless as you
described. It would be much easier to use than most of the wikis I have been
using, including the MediaWiki used by Cohousing.org. I will do a sample
documentation of one of the threads and send it to the list to see if it
could be a practical way to turn that information into useful knowledge.
Thanks for the suggestion.

John

  • Re: Wikis, (continued)