Re: Low cost housing
From: Marganne (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
At 7:44 AM -0400 5/19/08, Sharon Villines wrote:
I also have trees outside the windows on the side opposite the door. One person said, "Oh, you live in a tree house!"

I live in a similar situation. I look out the sliding glass doors of my second floor studio to plants on the small deck and the tops of redwood and pine trees. It's a great illusion.

Last month I severely twisted my ankle. I was especially happy to have the view because I wasn't able to leave my 'tree house' due to a switchback of difficult stairs.

There are many, many ways of making small homes that are very liveable in any climate. I learned so much of that from the Small House Society mailing list and the resources there that led me to other options.

Cheers!
Marganne