Unit For Sale at Silver Sage Cohousing, Boulder, CO
From: Arden-Marie (lafayette50mac.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:46:56 -0700 (PDT)
Our home in Silver Sage Village in Boulder is for sale! Silver Sage is the first “active adult” cohousing community in Colorado. Our 16-unit community is located in Boulder’s award-winning Holiday Neighborhood, with retail shops, restaurants, parks and trails all within an easy walk. There is also good public transportation with two bus routes about a quarter-mile away. Silver Sage is part of the EcoPass program, so your transit access throughout the Metro Denver region is free.

Our end-unit home is a “European-style loft” with 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, an office and a loft/study. It is 1520 square feet, and located on the second and third floors of the main building at Silver Sage. There are great views, and there is both stair and elevator access to the Common House. Our unit was completed in September 2007, so all fixtures are brand-new.

There is a main-floor master bedroom, and the master bath has a five- foot soaking tub. Both the master bath and the second bathroom have granite counters. The kitchen has maple cabinets, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances. The two story living room has wood beams, and all rooms have ceiling fans. There is radiant (hot-water) heat and central air conditioning. Our unit also comes with a one-car detached garage, and there is ample street parking.

The Silver Sage Common House is a beautiful 5,000 square foot space. It has a roomy gourmet kitchen, and meals typically are held twice weekly. The kitchen is next to the central patio and is convenient for outdoor dining and BBQs. The dining room (also adjacent to the kitchen) seats up to 30 people, and shares a fireplace with a cozy small living room space.

On the other side of the dining room is a media room filled with bookshelves, comfy couches, and a widescreen TV with DVD player for community movie nights. The crafts room is a flexible space to house a wide range of arts and crafts projects. The main floor also has a room for meditation, yoga and similar activities.

An exercise room with treadmill and other equipment is in the basement. The laundry room is also in the Common House basement. Finally, there is a private guest room with full bathroom. All Common House spaces are accessible by both stairs and elevator. There is also a separate workshop on the other side of the common patio.

HOA dues include professional management of common areas, insurance, reserves, snow removal, grounds repair and landscape maintenance, trash and recycle collection, fire alarm monitoring service, elevator service, Common House media (telephone, internet, cable), Common House cleaning and supplies, and garage door maintenance.

The price for our home is $650,000, and it will be ready for occupancy by mid-September. We haven’t listed our house yet, so please let us know if you’re interested ASAP. You can contact us (Linda and Robert) at 303-449-4699, or lafayette25 [at] mac.com. More information about Silver Sage Village is on the website (www.silversagevillage.com; please note that our unit isn’t listed as “for sale” yet on the website).